If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crazy but true, this is without a doubt the best combo that's ended up together since Lennon & McCartney (and the other 2 guys)! It’s light, crisp & refreshing and it doesn’t take much to toss this salad together featuring this king of crunch – and be sure to include the very often discarded leaves. Along with crisp crunchy celery sliced on an angle and the roughly chopped leaves – sliced scallions, lemon zest & juice, olive oil and salt & pepper complete the dish. It's one of the best combinations, a real palette cleanser to complement any meal – absolutely addictive! As long as the ingredients are there, there’s really no recipe, you can make it for 2 or 202!
If you want to build a bigger salad, this truly is a blank canvas – add a little heat in any form (chilis, hot sauce, cayenne, hot smoked paprika), other complementary vegetables like diced green or red pepper, roughly chopped Italian parsley, thinly slice fennel or grated carrot and the flavours can be played with as well – a sprinkle of celery, fennel or cumin seeds or a dusting of your favourite spice rub or blend. Citrus celery salad – delicious proof that less is very often so much more! - crazed cook
- 6-8 ribs celery, sliced on an angle
- 2-3 scallions, sliced
- 1-2 lemons, zest & juice (depending on size)
- few glugs tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 pinches salt & pepper
- Trim the celery, reserving the leaves. Slice the celery on the angle, roughly chop the leaves and pile it all in a bowl.
- Slice the scallions, zest and juice the lemon and add to the celery. Give it a good toss.
- Give it a good glug or 2 or 3 of olive oil, good pinch of salt & cracked black pepper, mix well. Cover and refrigerate. It's delicious immediately, chilled or tomorrow!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe