Author Notes: Celery stalks are baked with water chesnuts and red peppers and topped with almonds and chow mein noodles. Warm and comforting with a satisfying crunch, creamy celery casserole is a versatile go-to side dish suitable of any occassion. - cookingupastorm2
- 4 cups sliced celery stalks
- 1 Can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 8 ounces Diced water chesnuts, drained
- 2 cups Chow mein noodles
- 2.25 ounces Sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon Salt or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Add celery and red pepper to a pot of boiling water and boil for 7-8 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine drained celery, red pepper, cream of celery, water chesnuts, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, remove from heat and add chow mein noodles and almonds, stirring to coat.
- Pour celery mix into a casserole dish and top with noodle mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven, uncovering the last 5 minutes to toast the almonds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe