If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Celery stalks are baked with water chesnuts and red peppers and topped with almonds and chow mein noodles. Warm and comforting with a satisfying crunch, creamy celery casserole is a versatile go-to side dish suitable of any occassion. —cookingupastorm2
- 4 cups sliced celery stalks
- 1 Can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 8 ounces Diced water chesnuts, drained
- 2 cups Chow mein noodles
- 2.25 ounces Sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon Salt or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Add celery and red pepper to a pot of boiling water and boil for 7-8 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine drained celery, red pepper, cream of celery, water chesnuts, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, remove from heat and add chow mein noodles and almonds, stirring to coat.
- Pour celery mix into a casserole dish and top with noodle mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven, uncovering the last 5 minutes to toast the almonds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
Never Overcook Salmon Again
Low and (kind of) slow is the way to go
The foolproof way to cook salmon.
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Know (and shop) the basics.
The invincible beer can chicken.
The chicest apron around.