If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple shaved celery salad, with paper thin sliced radishes laced with a lemony vinaigrette over a beautiful hunk of fresh feta, served with torn black olives. The bite of the radishes add a snap to the refreshing celery and the cheese and dressing round out and mellow the flavors. This is my favorite outdoor, in dappled light, sort of fare with a round white wine, like a chardonnay and a good friend. —astackofdishes
Food52 Review: This is a really lovely, company-worthy salad. The fresh, crunchy celery and slightly spicy radish are nicely balanced by the salty feta and briny olives. The whole thing is tied together by the vibrant lemony dressing. Make sure to use a good quality feta, and feel free to scale back a bit as the 2-ounce portion is very generous. I only needed about half of the dressing for the celery and radishes, so encourage you to add it incrementally to your liking. —hardlikearmour
- 4 stalks celery, with leaves
- 4 radishes
- 8 ounces block of fresh feta
- 10-12 black olives
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- .5 clove garlic, finely minced
- .25 teaspoons dijon mustard
- .5 cups fruity olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the block of feta into 4 equal pieces and place each on a separate plate.
- Thoroughly wash and dry celery and radishes.
- Either by hand or on a mandolin, thinly slice radishes and celery. Removing celery threads as needed. Set aside
- In separate bowl combine lemon zest and juice, minced garlic and mustard and stir to combine with a whisk.
- Add in a small pinch of salt (the feta and olives already have plenty of salt) and a generous grind of black pepper.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil a dribble at a time, until incorporated and emulsified. Taste as you go to check for balance. Either add or leave out olive oil as needed.
- Toss celery and radishes in the dressing then spoon over the feta.
- Tear the olives into pieces while removing the pits and toss over the salad.