If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tender sweet celery baked inside a flaky pastry crust - did someone just say Springtime? —gussiesmom
- 12 stalks celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 2 leeks (white part only), diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 sheet, thawed, from a 17.3-oz. package frozen puff pastry dough
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco or hot sauce of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat interior of 9-inch spring-form pan with cooking spray.
- Press sheet of puff pastry into bottom and up sides of pan.
- In skillet, melt butter with olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute celery, red pepper, and leek 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Scatter sauteed vegetables in bottom of pastry crust. Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over vegetables.
- In small bowl, beat together eggs, cream, and hot sauce. Pour egg mixture over cheese layer.
- Bake torte 55 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.