Author Notes: I am new to Food52 and was thrilled with the new contest : celery! I love celery, have it fresh in the house all the time, thought this would be an ideal contest for me. Spent last two days looking for a recipe in which celery is the main game. I braised it but realized that, whilst it was a delight, it needed to be paired with other ingredients food to really shine. I thought I would share my smoothie recipe - the special start to my day. - krusher
- 6 ice cubes made from filtered water
- 1 orange, skin removed and chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 banana, chopped
- 1 cup celery stalks & leaves from inner part of bunch
- 1 cup green leaves, sorrel, watercress, spinach are good
- 3 tablespoons organic plain low-fat yoghurt
- Mix thoroughly together in a quality blender (I use a Blendtec Express) until totally smooth.
- Store the extra in a covered jug in the fridge and sip through the day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe