If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am new to Food52 and was thrilled with the new contest : celery! I love celery, have it fresh in the house all the time, thought this would be an ideal contest for me. Spent last two days looking for a recipe in which celery is the main game. I braised it but realized that, whilst it was a delight, it needed to be paired with other ingredients food to really shine. I thought I would share my smoothie recipe - the special start to my day. —krusher
- 6 ice cubes made from filtered water
- 1 orange, skin removed and chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 banana, chopped
- 1 cup celery stalks & leaves from inner part of bunch
- 1 cup green leaves, sorrel, watercress, spinach are good
- 3 tablespoons organic plain low-fat yoghurt
- Mix thoroughly together in a quality blender (I use a Blendtec Express) until totally smooth.
- Store the extra in a covered jug in the fridge and sip through the day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
Your New Main Squeeze
A tart, sunny lemon bar cheesecake
Lemon bar cheesecake takes the cake.
Recipe of the Day
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.