If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: No notes here... Just a variation of South Indian Kosmalli ( traditionally made with Carrots & cucumbers, one of the few salads readily accepted in the typical South Indian repertoire of vegetarian fare). Thanks Food52 for getting me to bring celery into the fold. It seems tailor made for the dish with its refreshing light Crunch. - Panfusine
Makes 2 cups
- 1 cup Celery stalks slit in half longitudinally & thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Finely diced English cucumbers
- 1/2 cup Finely diced carrots
- 1/2 jalapeno, deseeded & finely minced
- 1/4-1/3 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 bunch split dehusked urad dal
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Combine the celery, cucumber, carrot and jalapeno together. Season & adjust for salt.
- Heat the oil till it just begins to smoke and add the black mustard seeds & Urad dal. When the mustard sputters & the dal turns golden brown, add the sizzling mix to the vegetable slaw. Stir to combine and add the lemon juice. Mix well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
9 Ways to Celebrate the Birth of the Royal Baby
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
Fresh beer, anywhere.
Garden Mule Cocktail
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!