Author Notes: Yesterday was full of drama and unexpected events. By night, having solved most of them, I was hungry and yearning for comfort food. At times like that I often look for spicy nourishing soups. I looked in the larder and the fridge and realized I could answer my need quickly. - krusher
- 2 cups hot chicken stock, home-made and rich in flavor
- 1/2 cup chicken, diced (cooked leftovers or raw)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced finely
- 1 garlic clove, diced finely
- 1 small chili, diced finely
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- 6 drops sesame oil
- 1 handful rice noodles
- Soak the rice noodles in boiling water in a bowl while preparing the rest of the meal.
- Add peanut oil to a hot wok and stir fry briskly the following ingredients: onion, garlic, chili and ginger. Then add the chicken pieces and stir. Add the chopped Bell pepper and stir again.
- Pour in the hot chicken broth and gentle slide in the drained noodles to the wok and incorporate all the ingredients.
- Stir in the baby spinach leaves and chopped scallions. Sprinkle the sesame oil drops over the surface and do the same with coriander leaves. Viola! Healthy dinner for one. Living alone has its challenges ... but last night all was good.