If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a quick and easy side dish you can whip up in a matter of minutes. It truly celebrates celery! The celery has a light pickled flavor, then topped with a yummy, buttery, crunchy topping! - Sirbarney
Food52 Review: This is a simple and tasty side dish. I followed the exact recipe which turned out well.
Expect the celery to lose its bright color fast due to the acid in the vinegar.
The combination of ingredients produced a complex flavor. The celery was soft but
still retained a pleasant crunch. The crispy Panko topping goes well with the celery.
This recipe will pair very well with a mild fish such as tilapia or a simple chicken recipe.
As an added bonus, I used the pan glaze left behind and made a vinaigrette by adding olive oil and balsamic vinegar. - cookingProf
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons amber agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ribs celery with leaves, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup panko
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- Add’l fresh dill for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the cider vinegar, granulated sugar, agave nectar and water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add in the celery and cook for 1 minute. Add in the garlic and scallions and cook about 30 seconds. Lower heat to medium-low and add in the cider vinegar mixture. Stir to combine and cook until most of the mixture has been absorbed and reduced, approximately 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add in the panko and cook until it begins to lightly brown, stirring occasionally, approximately 1 - 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped dill.
- To serve, using a slotted spoon, place celery mixture onto serving plate, top with panko mixture, garnish with dill and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Celery Recipe
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.