If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I try to save my dairy for really good cheese, but that doesn't mean I don't like a nice, rich cream-of-whatever soup once in a while. Soaked cashews blend up nicely and give this broccoli soup a velvety texture. - MeghanVK
- 1 cup raw (ie, not roasted or salted) cashews
- 2 cups vegetable stock, plus more to taste
- 4 cups broccoli, cut up (florets and stems - peel off any woody skin)
- 4 sprigs thyme leaves, off the stem
- Cover the cashews with water and set aside to soak for at least an hour (ideally overnight).
- Heat the vegetable stock in a large pot over high heat until boiling, and drop in the broccoli. Let it simmer until very tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add the thyme leaves and turn off the heat.
- Carefully transfer the broccoli to a blender and liquefy until completely smooth. Drain the cashews and add to the blender: liquefy again. Add more stock if the soup is too thick, and blend even further - I like mine viscous to the point of porridge, but you may not. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Serve warm.
Butter, Butter, Repeat
Puff pastry: No pain, all the gain.
Puff Pastry Primer
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Recipe of the Day
All the spring pastabilities.
That was a close shave.