If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't know how many of you all have heard about the Vegan truck Cinnamon Snail, but you have to seriously try his food. He can make you eat like a vegan and you will not miss a thing. My recipe is adapted from Adam's truck offerings of Blue Cornmeal pancakes .
I love the idea of pancake stacked upon each other with lots of maple syrup to make them into one cake, and to celebrate birthdays or any kind of celebrations. And, this recipe is all about it. I will really miss CS in Hoboken as now they will be serving up in NY! - PistachioDoughnut
Makes 1- 4/5 layer cake or 4 to 5 pancakes
- 1 cup Blue Cornmeal
- 1 cup Cake flour or All purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 11/4 cup Milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup+extra to drizzle and soak the pancakes
- Pine nut Butter
- Fresh berries or goji berries
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl .
- Take the milk, eggs, and maple syrup in another bowl and with the help of a beater or blender mix everything well.
- Now, Mix all the dry ingredients in the milk/egg mixture. Mix it all well. Let the batter rest for sometime.
- Meanwhile , heat a skillet or pan on medium heat and spray a little cooking spray or butter on the pan and take a scoop of batter and pour it in the pan.
- Flip it once the edges look dry and you see bubbles forming on top of the pancakes.Cook on the other side for another minute or so.
- Once all the pancakes are done. Assemble them, and spread some pine butter on one pancake be generous please..and similarly keep spreading pine nut butter on all the pancakes and now assemble it to form a cake , layer each pancake slathered with pine nut butter and some maple syrup so each layer would have some pine nut butter/maple syrup and the pancakes will soak up the maple syrup.
- Finally, when you are done stacking or layering the pancakes. Drizzle once again finally to coat all the sides and evenly the pancakes well. And, Sprinkle some fresh raspberries or strawberries on top of it. I like to add some goji berries also if nothing else.
- Once the cake is allowed to soak all the maple syrup , (it won't take long time) for sometime you can cut them like pieces of cake and serve them.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Maple Recipe
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
That was a close shave.