If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been dying to post a recipe using coconut oil for a savory application. This is the perfect one!
This is the simplest recipe and is great for when you want a hearty vegetarian option. It is extra flavorful without any fuss. I am hooked! - Anitalectric
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (big enough to cup both hands around)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper (mild-medium) seeded and finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Half the squash and scoop out all the seeds. (Reserve those for another use or discard.) Place cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast until tender, about 20-40 minutes, or until easily pierced through with a knife.
- Allow to cool slightly, then use a fork to scrape the roasted squash into a bowl. Discard skins.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan set over medium heat. When it is melted, add the garlic, chili pepper and a pinch of salt and saute for about 4-5 mins, until the garlic becomes golden brown around the edges.
- Turn off the heat and toss in the squash threads. Season with additional salt to taste and serve hot.
These beach eats can't be beat.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Get out of the frame.
Chocolate has a meltdown.
These are nuts to travel with.