Author Notes: I have been dying to post a recipe using coconut oil for a savory application. This is the perfect one!
This is the simplest recipe and is great for when you want a hearty vegetarian option. It is extra flavorful without any fuss. I am hooked! - Anitalectric
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (big enough to cup both hands around)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper (mild-medium) seeded and finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Half the squash and scoop out all the seeds. (Reserve those for another use or discard.) Place cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast until tender, about 20-40 minutes, or until easily pierced through with a knife.
- Allow to cool slightly, then use a fork to scrape the roasted squash into a bowl. Discard skins.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan set over medium heat. When it is melted, add the garlic, chili pepper and a pinch of salt and saute for about 4-5 mins, until the garlic becomes golden brown around the edges.
- Turn off the heat and toss in the squash threads. Season with additional salt to taste and serve hot.