If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my version of my favorite salad from a local italian restuarant. Unfortunately, the chef would not part with the recipe so this is my take.... Use good balsamic, good olive oil, and real Parmigiano-Reggiano in this recipe. Given the few ingredients, you need to use quality or the dish will suffer! —Tony S
- 1 head Radicchio
- 1 large bulb Fennel
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings
- 1/4 pound Proscuitto
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar (use white if you have it)
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- pinches Sugar
- 1 Small Shallot Minced
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- Core and slice the fennel as thinly as possible. Core and half the radicchio; slice into tagliatelle sized ribbons. Cut the proscuitto the same size as the radicchio.
- Mix vinegar, mustard, sugar, shallot, and salt & pepper together. Slowly whisk in olive oil or put all ingredients in a container with a tight fitting lid and shake to emulsify.
- Shave Parmigiano-Reggiano with a vegetable peeler and combine with radicchio, fennel, and proscuitto. Mix salad with enough of the vinaigrette to adequately dress. Let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes, then serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Salad
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Food blog links we love.
Have a ball (jar).