If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Once a year I find myself with a lot of green cabbage and yearning to do something different with it. This was inspired by a brussel sprout dish l I ate in Los Angeles at Gjelina. There is definite room for variation. I thought it was quite tasty I hope you do to! - MamaIntheKitchen
- 1/2 medium head green cabbage cut into thin 1/4 inch thin strips
- 1 cup crimini or white button mushrooms sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons chopped sage leaves
- 3 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 6 dried black mission figs sliced thinly
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1-2 pinches sea salt
- cracked black pepper to taste
- drizzles of black truffle oil
- drizzles of maple syrup
- optional poached egg
- Put 5 quarts of water to boil and blanch green cabbage for 6 minutes , drain and put aside.
- Cut Bacon into 1 inch strips and fry in large non-stick skillet until crispy, remove from pan and drain excess fat. and put aside.
- In same skillet that bacon was cooked in, without adding anything else to pan, fry mushrooms until well browned on medium - high flame. When mushrooms are almost done, add sage, lower flame.
- Add drained cabbage and bacon into skillet and toss on low flame for 1-2 minutes then add almonds and figs , sea salt and a few grinds of cracked black pepper to taste . lightly drizzle Maple Syrup and some Truffle Oil. Toss and remove from flame.
- Serve on plate or in bowl, drizzle additional trufle oil and maple syrup to taste, topped with crumbles of goat cheese.
- Make a great side for a simple pasta dish or have a heartier serving and a meal served with a poached egg on top and some polenta or crusty bread.
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!