If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a new recipe I was playing with and it got a great response from the home audience! It's definitely one I'll be going back to. The roasted sweetness of the yams is really lovely in combination with the bacon and other ingredients. - sweetwatercooks
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 loaf of sourdough
- 1 onion
- 7 strips bacon
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- heat oven to 425 degrees
- peel and dice sweet potato and toss with olive oil
- lay sweet potato on parchment covered baking sheet
- roast for approx. 20 minutes or until you can pierce pieces with fork easily
- At the same time lay diced sourdough on baking sheet and place in oven for approx. 5 minutes to toast
- Saute onion in olive oil just until softened
- Season onion with s&p
- Fry bacon until just crispy and dice into bite sized pieces
- In a large bowl combine sweet potato, toasted bread, onion, bacon
- Add to mixture toasted pecans and cranberries
- Add spices and season with s&p
- Add 1 cup chicken broth slowly (just enough to moisten mixture)
- Stuff bird with mixture or if baking: Heat oven to 325 and bake for 1 hour
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.