If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: OK, OK...maybe I went a little bit outside the box with this one but you just have to keep an open mind here. It was one of those times like when I would say to my mom, "So, I've been thinking." And she would say, "Do I need to sit down for this?" So take a seat and let me lay out this idea I had. Think, brunch on Cinco de Mayo. Think, corn chips and guacamole in one happy pancake place. Now top that pancake with some lime sour cream and some fresh salsa. Are you with me here? —Dabblings
Makes about 15 three inch pancakes
Lime Sour Cream and Fresh Salsa Toppings
- 8 ounces container of sour cream
- zest of 1 lime
- juice from 1/2 of the lime
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes; quartered
- 1/4 cup of red onion; finely diced
- 1/2-1 jalapeno; minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro; minced
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar ( or the other 1/2 of the lime)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl mix the sour cream with the zest of the lime and the juice from 1/2 the lime. Set aside.
- In another small bowl combine the cherry tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno (if using), cilantro, apple cider vinegar (of the juice from the other half of the lime). Mix everything together and season with with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Cornmeal, Avocado, and Lime Pancakes
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 avocado; cut into chunks
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of butter; melted
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk the eggs and set aside.
- In a blender puree the milk, avocado, lime zest, and lime juice until smooth. Add the puree to the egg along with the melted butter and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. The batter will be thick, this is OK.
- Heat a griddle to medium-high heat. Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter onto the griddle and smooth it into a round shape. Cook the pancakes for 3-4 minutes, flipping once, until both sides are golden brown.
- To serve, top a hot pancake with some of the fresh salsa and a spoonful of the sour cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.