Author Notes: I was recently introduced to the wonderful world of savory pancakes via Yotam Ottolenghi's _Plenty_. I grew up in Los Angeles, and am always seeking to expand my cooking repertoire with the Mexican flavors that infused my childhood. - zindc
Makes 12-14 cakes
- 1 cup masa harina
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 - 2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 2 ounces chopped green chile (1/2 a small can) or 1 roasted, peeled and chopped poblano
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Put eggs, 1 cup of milk, sour cream, oil and 3 tablespoons of the corn kernels in a blender and blend on high until liquified.
- Combine with dry ingredients and add enough of remaining 1 cup of milk until batter is desired consistency. (It will be fairly thick.)
- Stir in grated cheese, chopped green chile, cumin, scallions and cilantro.
- Spoon onto heated griddle and sprinkle 1Tbsp. of corn kernels on each cake before turning.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 fresh whole lime, zest and juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory