If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are traditional pancakes of gujarati cuisine from India. They are so easy and delicious to make that one is never enough. You have to have at least half a dozen. They are so light.And, the best part is that they are cooked between two banana leaf. Sounds interesting ,right. Another , nice thing about them is they could be made with corn, spinach puree, or peas puree and instead of banana leaf , corn husk could also be used. —PistachioDoughnut
Makes 8 to 10
- 3/4 cup Rice flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Urad dal flour , if you do not have flour no problem just grind urad dal in grinder and you wil have urad dal flour
- 1 to 2 paste of 1 or 2 green chillis
- 1.5 teaspoons Roasted cumin seeds
- 1.5 teaspoons Sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons Plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Ghee for batter
- oil for greasing the banana leaf
- Salt to taste
- Take rice flour and urad dal flour , add salt to it. Gradually add the yogurt, green chilli paste, ginger paste, coarsely grind roasted cumin seeds, sesame seeds and ghee. Add water to this mix and make a smooth batter. Whisk it well so that there are no lumps.
- Meanwhile clean and cut banana leaf into squares of equal sizes. grease the leaves only on one side with oil.
- To make pancakes - Take one banana leaf , keep the greases side up. And, pour just a teaspoon of batter on it. Do not spread or do anything. Take another banana leaf and cover it over the batter and press it. When you press the batter will spread. Do not worry if the batter comes out a little bit between the leaves.
- Cook it on both the sides till you see some spots on banana leaf.
- Serve it hot sealed in the banana leaf , as it is fun to remove the leaf along with mint chutney or a dip made from some red chilli powder in peanut oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes, Sweet or Savory
Beet Greens Can't be Beat
The summer braise worth turning on the oven for
Beet greens can't be beat.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.