If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kurma is a creamy, mild curry from north Kerala, a Muslim version. Taught to me by my friend Shahid Sait. I asked him to make with sweet potato. His version is rich. Layered flavors and its thickened with coconut and cashew paste. - pauljoseph
- 1 pound Sweet potato cut in small cubes
- 1 cup Sliced Onion
- 1/2 cup Sliced tomato
- 2 pieces Green chili
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder - (Soak in water)
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaf
- 1/4 cup Mint leaf Grind
- 1 tablespoon Cashew nut Paste
- 1 cup Cashew nut Paste
- 4 pieces Cardamom
- 4 pieces Cloves
- 1 piece Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Anise Seed
- Heat a heavy pan in little oil add Onion and Green Chili, fry till light brown. Add Ginger, garlic paste, Coriander powder -- cook on very low flame till oil separates. Add the Sweet potato, Mint leaf, Tomato, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and anise seed and stir for few more minutes, then add Coconut milk mixed with Cashew paste and Simmer and garnish with coriander leaf remove from stove.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe