If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a beautiful creamy orange curry, a good base palette for whatever else you add for color and texture. Here I've used a little green for balance and contrast. - bfranke88
- 3 Sweet Potatoes, large
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 5 tablespoons Yellow Curry Paste
- 1 1/2 cups Chick Peas, cooked
- 1 Tomato, large, peeled and diced
- 2 cups Green Beans, cut into 2" pieces
- 1/2 Cauliflower, large head, cut into medium pieces
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Red Curry Powder
- 1/2 Onion, large, sliced 1/2" thick
- 1 Zucchini, large, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2" thick
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Cashews, small pieces
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 3-4 cups White Rice
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into large chunks.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the sweet potatoes. Cook them 10-15 minutes, until they are just underdone. Drain them and return them to the pot. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a simmer. Cook until they are very soft, about another 15-20 minutes. Puree them with a hand held blender, or in batches in a blender. Add the yellow curry paste and stir to combine. Add the chick peas, the tomato and the green beans. Return to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring another pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet on the stove, mix the olive oil and curry powder over medium high heat. Add the cauliflower, the onion and the zucchini and cook 5 minutes. Do not let the vegetables brown. Add them to the pot with the potatoes, chick peas, tomato and green beans. Add the coconut milk, stir to combine and return to a simmer. Cook for a further 20 minutes.
- In a small, heavy, dry skillet, lightly toast the cashews. Remove the curry to a serving platter and scatter the cashews and cilantro across the top. Serve over white rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sweet Potato Recipe
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.