Author Notes: My mom and I came up with this recipe as a side for Easter dinner when we came across beautiful yellow peppers at our local market. You could use other peppers, but I think red, yellow or orange would work better than green, as they have that extra bit of sweetness, and the contrast of colours is nice. - twistybiscuits
- 4 Yellow Peppers
- 1 bunch Arugula
- 1 bunch Spinach
- 1 bunch Watercress
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Cut peppers in half vertically. (We tried to keep a bit of the green stem on each half just because we liked the look.) Clean out the seeds and membranes with a sharp knife.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet, cut side up and bake at 400F until peppers are softened, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash, dry, and trim greens then toss together to mix. Mince garlic.
- Saute the garlic in olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat for about 1 minute to infuse the oil. Add the greens and allow to cook down and wilt a little, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove peppers from oven and greens from heat. Spoon the greens and garlic mixture into the peppers.