If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I took my favorite buttermilk waffle recipe from King Aruthur and made it savory, adding chives and cheddar to the waffles and smothering with white gravy made with spring onions and bacon. I suggest serving this with a pork chop and start the diet the next day! - sdebrango
- 6 spring onions chopped using the white and light green
- 6-8 slices thick cut bacon cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbs flour
- 2 1/2 cups half and half or milk
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 tsp chopped rosemary (I like it if I am serving pork chops)
- Fry the bacon bits in saute pan until browned, remove from pan and save the fat you will use that for the gravy. Turn flame to med/low and add the spring onion (and optional rosemary) and saute until the onions are soft and translucent then add the flour, whisk until it's combined with the fat and let cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly. Whisk in half and half or milk and add the bacon let cook until it thickens, add salt and pepper. Pour over the waffles and garnish with chives.
- 2 large eggs separated
- 1 3/4 -2 cups buttermilk (start with 1 3/4 cup if you need more add if too thick)
- 1/2 cup 1 stick melted butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the egg yolks, buttermilk and melted butter add the cheddar cheese and chives and stir to combine. In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Whip the egg whites until they form a peak, don't overbeat but they should be quite stiff. Combine the wet and dry ingredients just until almost smooth, now fold in the egg whites. Heat waffle iron, spray with cooking spray or brush with oil or butter and cook the waffles according to the directions for your waffle maker.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls