Author Notes: I love salads! Last summer I created this salad after returning from the farmer's market with my bounty. This is a great late spring or summer salad when fresh produce is at its best and so available. Scallions can easily be substituted for the spring onions and the red pepper is optional. But don't leave out the lime juice and the few spoonfuls of Trader Joe's Corn and Chile Salsa...that combined with the natural juices of the rest of the ingredients makes its own perfect sweet and spicy dressing. - dinner at sheila's
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, medium dice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, chopped
- 4-5 ears of fresh corn, cooked and removed from the cob along with all the milkiness
- 3 spring onions or scallions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, diced small (optional)
- 1 large shallot, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons Trader Joe's Corn and Chile Salsa
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple .Peel the pineapple with a sharp knife. Cut into quarters lengthwise, and remove the center core. Dice into medium pieces, and place in a large serving bowl.
- Standing the cold, cooked ear of corn on its flat end, with a sharp knife slice the corn from the cob, cutting close to the cob to include the sweet milky juice. You can scrape the back of the knife down the ear to get the remainder of the juice. Add to the bowl of pineapple.
- Chop the blueberries, onions, and shallot, and dice the red pepper. Add to the bowl with the pineapple and corn.
- Add the corn and chile salsa, fresh lime juice, and salt. Mix well to blend and chill until ready to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums