If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a one skillet dinner that really sticks to your ribs. I love using cast iron pans but rarely think to get them out. For this recipe, you will need a 12 inch cast iron skillet. If you want to make less, cut the ingredients in half and use an 8 inch skillet. - shriekofnature
- 6 pieces Bacon
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted and cooled
- Hot pepper sauce to taste (I used Sriracha)
- 1 Onion, medium sized, diced
- Spinach, fresh, about two handfuls
- 1 pound Shrimp, large, chopped
- 1.5 cups Montery Jack cheese, finely shredded
- 1.5 cups Sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook the bacon in the skillet, crumble and set aside. Drain most of the grease from the pan. Put skillet in the oven to keep warm.
- Put eggs in large bowl and whisk. Add milk, water, butter, hot pepper sauce and cornbread mix. Mix well. Stir in onions, spinach, bacon and all but ½ cup of the cheese.
- Pour batter into the warmed skillet. Sprinkle remainder of cheese on top.
- Bake until center is set and top is golden brown; about 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve!