If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Usually we make this Vindaloo ( the name derives from the Portuguese dish "Carne de Vinha d' Alhos".’’ The popularity of the dish inspired the song "Vindaloo", the unofficial anthem of the England football team for the 1998 FIFA World Cup and it was prominently mentioned in the 1978 punk rock song, I Just Want to Have Something To Do, by American punk rock group the Ramones.’’), when we are in holiday with my wife’s estate bungalow where there are lot of fresh spices and my mother in low have a very small scale pig farming. There We use the wood fire for this pot roast.We usually have with PALLAPPAM (Crisp Laced Rice Pancakes) or Kallappams A South Indian PANCAKE (A Kerala Christian specialty )
- 1 1/2 pound Pork
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Mustard
- 1 pod Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 4 Dry red chilly (remove seed)
- 4 Clove
- 1 inch stick Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Raisin
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cider vinegar
- 3/4 pounds Tomato
- 1/2 cup Oil
- Grind all Cumin to sugar with little vinegar. Marinate the pork with the above masala paste and salt for at least one hour
- Heat oil add meat and vinegar and chopped tomatoes . Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Then cover and cook in low heat until the pork is tender(If it is too dry you can add little hot water.
- Have with Kallappams A South Indian PANCAKE (A Kerala Christian specialty ) You can find my recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gravy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pork with Cider