Author Notes: This variation on pancakes is a delicious and healthy alternative. You can also substitute any type of dried fruit, nuts, fresh fruit, or toppings-your mind is your limit! - Mariya
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups oatmeal-quick oats
- 1/2 cup dried black currants
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter or cooking spray for pan
- 1/2 cup organic vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup walnuts-toasted
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and milk.
- Add oatmeal, currants, brown sugar, and vanilla into the bowl.
- Heat and butter a pan (or spray with cooking spray). Ladle batter into the pan and cook pancakes until just brown on each side (about 2 min).
- Top pancakes with yogurt and walnuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes