If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This variation on pancakes is a delicious and healthy alternative. You can also substitute any type of dried fruit, nuts, fresh fruit, or toppings-your mind is your limit! —Mariya
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups oatmeal-quick oats
- 1/2 cup dried black currants
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter or cooking spray for pan
- 1/2 cup organic vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup walnuts-toasted
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and milk.
- Add oatmeal, currants, brown sugar, and vanilla into the bowl.
- Heat and butter a pan (or spray with cooking spray). Ladle batter into the pan and cook pancakes until just brown on each side (about 2 min).
- Top pancakes with yogurt and walnuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.