Author Notes: A couple of years ago TheKitchn offered a recipe for zucchini butter from Jennie Cook of Jennie Cooks Catering. With an abundance of zucchini, I thought I'd try it...it was wonderful... and I always thought that someday I might try a version of it using another vegetable. Today was the day. Simple, simple, simple.... a great snack or appetizer spread on crackers, toast or even bagels in the morning. No harsh bite..just "buttery" smoothness!
http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-jennie-cooks-zucchini-b-121770 - inpatskitchen
Makes a little over one cup of radish butter
- 2 bunches large red radishes (around 20) grated on the large holes of a box grater
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- After grating the radish, pat with paper toweling to dry it a bit.
- In a large saute pan, cook the onion and garlic for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the radish and saute over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the mixture softens and becomes a bit gooey. This will probably take 20 to 30 minutes.
- Generously season with salt and add a little pepper. (I used 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper) Use your judgement
- Cool and refrigerate for about an hour before serving on crackers, little toasts or cucumbers. http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-jennie-cooks-zucchini-b-121770