If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Potatoes salads and summer always go together. Why not spruce it up with lots of flavor and texture? Roasting radishes makes the spicy bite a bit more mild, and gives the salad a different texture. I love making this in the summer, and everyone is always surprised that radishes can be roasted! - Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes 8-10 servings
For the salad
- 10-15 radishes (your favorite variety, rinsed, trimmed, and halved or quartered depending on size)
- 3 medium Yukon potatoes (rinsed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 red onion (thinly sliced)
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Dill Sour Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 2 tablespoons dill (finely chopped)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, olive oil?, salt and pepper. Empty potatoes onto a foil lined baking sheet, and place in the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes. In the same mixing bowl, toss the radishes in olive oil, salt and pepper. Empty into an oven-safe saute pan, or another foil lined baking sheet, and pop into the oven for about 10 minutes, or until radishes are softened.
- As the potatoes and radishes are roasting, mix together your dill sour cream sauce in a large mixing bowl.
- Remove the potatoes and radishes from the oven and let cool. Once cooled, combine the roasted vegetables, fresh onion and 1 cup of the dill sauce. Let cool in a refrigerator and serve on a nice summer day!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radishes or Turnips
Drink Your Bouquet
April showers bring flowers to your cocktails.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.