Author Notes: This pancake recipe developed after a large amount of carrots were left unused in the crisper drawer. Didn't want them to go to waste!! - Sarathehipe
Serves about 12-14 pancakes
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pour milk into bowl, add eggs and melted butter. Whisk together lightly until combined.
- Add shredded carrots, flour, baking powder, salt, sugars and pumpkin pie spice and stir to combine (about 1 minute).
- Lightly coat pan with non stick cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Make pancakes whatever size you prefer and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with real maple syrup and top with whipped cream cheese instead of butter!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes