If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Healthy, easy and it is so delicious that my thirteen year old picky son said it was the best dish he ever had, I was very happy. - AniQuadros
Makes six servings
For the fritters
- 1/2 medium size steamed cauliflower head
- 1 lightly beaten large egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 slices of smoked salmon
- 3 slices of prosciutto.
for the vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinager
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbs of Provence
- In a large bowl mash or cut cauliflower leaving it with a coarse texture small little pieces add flour, beaten egg, Parmesan cheese, parsley, scallions, salt, pepper, paprika to the cauliflower bowl and mix all together with a wooden spoon or with your hands better.
- Add the water little by little as you are mixing until batter will have a thick texture, it always work with 3 tbsp of water which is 3/4 of a 1/4 cup. The point is having a thick batter which will allow to shape the fritters with your hands.
- On a skillet heat up one tbsp of olive oil on a medium heat and add fritters. It will take about three minutes for each side, turn and cook for another three minutes. Following the amount of the ingredients on this recipe it will allow six fritters.
- In a small bowl add red wine vinegar, olive oil,Dijon, salt, pepper, herbs of Provence and whisk all together until emulsifies.
- Place fritters on a plate and top each differently, some with slices of smoked salmon and others with slices of prosciutto. It can be serve with a salad or steam vegetables (optional)
- Gently drizzle the vinaigrette over fritters just enough for each to get that herbed acid touch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
A Memorial Day Menu minus the Fuss
Your holiday just got a whole lot easier.
Memorial Day made easy.
We need your help!
All you need for Memorial Day.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Mortar and pestle perfection.