If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Why serve this to your kids? 1) because pickled red onions, like smoked paprika, make everything better; 2) because avocado is what you give children instead of giving in to more butter please; 3) because of my self-deluded, Jenny Rosenstrach-bolstered faith that, even in our new state, kale is not a four-letter word. From Dinner: A Love Story by Jenny Rosenstrach (Ecco, 2012) - Nicholas Day
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 bunch kale, washed, stems removed and chopped (8-10 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, red wine vinegar, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil. Add the red onion and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the onion and let cool.
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the kale for 2 minutes. Strain, dry, and then add to the pickled onions. Toss both with the oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and avocado.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Home & Design Link Love
How-to DIY a cheeseboard, keep lilacs from going limp, and more.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Recipe of the Day
Mortar and pestle perfection.