If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 whole wheat baguette, thinly sliced and toasted
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces Italian prosciutto, sliced paper thin
- 1 bunch fresh basil, hand torn
- 12 fresh figs, sliced 1/4" thick
- extra virgin olive oil
- aged balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice baguette in fairly thin slices at an angle. Arrange bread slices on a large sheet pan and lightly drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt. Put in the oven to toast for 7-10 minutes or to your liking. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, slice figs 1/4" thick. Hand tear basil. Cut prosciutto.
- If you are serving it immediately, go ahead and spread the goat cheese, basil, prosciutto, and a slice or two of fig. Arrange on a serving plate and lightly drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. If you are taking it to go, allow the bread to cool before assembling the crostini. Wait to drizzle it with oil and vinegar until serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.