If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These little fritters are a treat served before a meal or as an accompaniment for soup. They are delicate and delicious and also a wonderful vehicle for many deferent toppings. I served them with Prosciutto slices. You can prepare them a couple hours ahead and reheat them on a wire rack set over a baking sheet in a 375 Degrees oven for a few minutes. Inspired by Jacque Papen’s recipe “Little Corn Fritters". - Kukla
Makes makes about 20 little fritters
- • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- • 1?2 teaspoon baking powder
- • 1?4 teaspoon salt
- • 1/2 teaspoon Bay Seasoning
- • 1 large egg
- • 1/3 cup seltzer water
- • 2 ears fresh corn (about 2 cups), husked and kernels cut off
- • 7 ounces Crawfish tail meat in brine, rinsed, well drained and diced
- • 6 tablespoons canola oil
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, bay seasoning and the salt together in a bowl. Add the egg and 1?4 cup of the water and mix with a whisk until smooth. Add the remaining water and mix until smooth. Mix in the corn kernels and crawfish tails.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet until hot. Drop 1 tablespoon of batter into the skillet for each fritter, making about 10 fritters, and cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack (this will keep them from becoming soggy) and repeat with the remaining batter and oil. Sprinkle them with salt and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls