Author Notes: These little fritters are a treat served before a meal or as an accompaniment for soup. They are delicate and delicious and also a wonderful vehicle for many deferent toppings. I served them with Prosciutto slices. You can prepare them a couple hours ahead and reheat them on a wire rack set over a baking sheet in a 375 Degrees oven for a few minutes. Inspired by Jacque Papen’s recipe “Little Corn Fritters". - Kukla
Makes makes about 20 little fritters
- • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- • 1?2 teaspoon baking powder
- • 1?4 teaspoon salt
- • 1/2 teaspoon Bay Seasoning
- • 1 large egg
- • 1/3 cup seltzer water
- • 2 ears fresh corn (about 2 cups), husked and kernels cut off
- • 7 ounces Crawfish tail meat in brine, rinsed, well drained and diced
- • 6 tablespoons canola oil
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, bay seasoning and the salt together in a bowl. Add the egg and 1?4 cup of the water and mix with a whisk until smooth. Add the remaining water and mix until smooth. Mix in the corn kernels and crawfish tails.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet until hot. Drop 1 tablespoon of batter into the skillet for each fritter, making about 10 fritters, and cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack (this will keep them from becoming soggy) and repeat with the remaining batter and oil. Sprinkle them with salt and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring