If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This version of the classic chutney sandwich rocks. —Panfusine
Food52 Review: Panfusine's fusion of mint, cilantro, and avocado with a touch of honey and a kiss of lime is utterly heavenly. The soft filling, the crunch of thin cucumber slices, and the surprise of the cumin come together to create the quintessential summertime sandwich. I will be making this often, as I honestly can't get enough of it. Thank you for a lovely addition to my summer repertoire. —boulangere
Makes 6 to 7 sandwiches
- 1 large or 2 small ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and finely minced
- 1 cup packed cilantro (just the leaves)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt to taste
- 1 loaf white sandwich bread, sliced
- Powdered cumin, toasted
- 1 English cucumber, sliced paper-thin
- Combine avocado, mint, cilantro, lime , jalapeño and salt in a food processor to make a smooth spread. Adjust for salt, then refrigerate until needed.
- Spread the avocado 'butter' on two slices of bread, then add a layer or two of the cucumber. Sprinkle with toasted cumin and cover with the second slice of bread. Cut off the crusts off, then slice into three rectangles. Serve with afternoon tea.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Your search for the best recipe is over
The best donuts—ever.
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
We've got the summer blues.
How to throw a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.