Author Notes: A great pasta for a warm day, this one can be prepped ahead of time...just the pasta needs cooking just prior to serving. - inpatskitchen
Makes 4 servings
- 1 small tomato
- 1/4 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 8 large basil leaves, torn
- 1 medium avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A few tablespoons of water on the ready
- 8 ounces fresh pastuerized blue crab meat (lump or backfin)
- 12 ounces dry spaghetti or linguini
- 4 single teaspoons white truffle oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the tomato in half and then remove the seeds and pulp. Lay each half, cut side down on paper toweling to drain a bit and then dice finely.
- In a blender or mini food processor, process the cream cheese, garlic, parsley and basil to get everything started.
- Add the avocado meat, lemon juice and salt and continue to process until smooth. You may need to add a few tablespoons of water at this point . Place the mixture in a bowl and gently stir in the crab meat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap with the wrap actually laying on the mixture. ( At this point you can refrigerate the mixture until you're almost ready to eat... just bring it back up to room temperature first.
- Cook the pasta per package instructions, drain and place in a large bowl. (Save a little of the pasta cooking liquid for loosening up the sauce if need be) Fold in the avocado-crab mixture until the pasta is thoroughly coated. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Divide the pasta among 4 bowls or serving plates. Drizzle each with a teaspoon of truffle or olive oil and garnish with the tomato. Serve immediately.