If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A great pasta for a warm day, this one can be prepped ahead of time...just the pasta needs cooking just prior to serving. —inpatskitchen
Makes 4 servings
- 1 small tomato
- 1/4 cup softened cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 8 large basil leaves, torn
- 1 medium avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A few tablespoons of water on the ready
- 8 ounces fresh pastuerized blue crab meat (lump or backfin)
- 12 ounces dry spaghetti or linguini
- 4 single teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the tomato in half and then remove the seeds and pulp. Lay each half, cut side down on paper toweling to drain a bit and then dice finely.
- In a blender or mini food processor, process the cream cheese, garlic, parsley and basil to get everything started.
- Add the avocado meat, lemon juice and salt and continue to process until smooth. You may need to add a few tablespoons of water at this point . Place the mixture in a bowl and gently stir in the crab meat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap with the wrap actually laying on the mixture. ( At this point you can refrigerate the mixture until you're almost ready to eat... just bring it back up to room temperature first.
- Cook the pasta per package instructions, drain and place in a large bowl. (Save a little of the pasta cooking liquid for loosening up the sauce if need be) Fold in the avocado-crab mixture until the pasta is thoroughly coated. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Divide the pasta among 4 bowls or serving plates. Drizzle each with a teaspoon of olive oil and garnish with the tomato. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
The invincible beer can chicken.
The chicest apron around.