If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: About a year ago I hastily threw together a spread similar to this using store bought guacamole, crab meat and mayo for an appetizer I needed to bring to a dinner party. Everyone enjoyed it and I've since honed it with fresh avocado, better crab meat and chipotles in adobo. Spicy and creamy, it makes a great summer appetizer for a group. - inpatskitchen
Makes a 9 inch plate and serves a small group
For the chipotle guac
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 chipotles in adobo, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro or flat leaf parsley
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with a fork or spoon until fairly smooth (leave a little chunkiness in it). Stir in the lime juice followed by the remaining ingredients until well incorporated. Set aside.
For the crab and putting it all together
- 8 ounces fresh pastuerized blue crab meat (backfin or lump)
- 1/3 cup great mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from the chipotles in adobo
- Sliced green onion, diced tomato and sliced pitted black olives for garnish.
- 1 9 inch pie plate or similar size dish ( I used a Pyrex pie plate)
- The chipotle guac
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Gently fold the mayo, adobo sauce and salt into the crab meat .
- Spread the guacamole evenly on the bottom of the pie plate. Gently spread the crab mixture over , completely covering the guacamole. Garnish with the green onion, tomato and sliced olives. Carefully cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving with tortilla chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls