If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: My son used to tell me he wasn't a rabbit to eat green stuff! What can you say when a 4 year old looks you in your eyes with this argument?
The fact is that telling them greens are good for them when they have pizza, burgers and all the rest away from you is difficult to overcome.
So when it comes to soup, let alone green ones, you really have to have something up your sleeve. I have a little trick for my little ones - add a sweet potato!
But this creamy soup is not only for children - you'll enjoy it too - hot or cold!
- Maria Teresa Jorge
- 1 big yellow onion - minced
- 1 garli clove cut in 4
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups peas
- 1/3 cup cream
- 8 mint leaves - shredded
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and white pepper
- Mince the onion finely and cut the garlic in four.
- Peel and cut the sweet potato in SMALL regular cubes. Rinse.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the minced onion and sautée until translucent.
- Add the sweet potato and the stock, cover and cook, over low heat, for 12 minutes - potato should almost be cooked..
- Add the peas, season with salt and white pepper and simmer for another 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little, transfer to a blender and process until soft and creamy. Add the cream, the mint, 1 pinch of sugar and process again. Check the seasoning.
- Serve hot or cold garnished with mint leaves.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint