If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an updated version of a classic Thai dish, larb. For Thai food eaters and cooks, this is the dish that casual Thai eaters don't usually get to. There's the usual suspects of Pad Thai, Tom Yum, Green Curry, and mango sticky rice. Then there's this--larb. 'larb' just means, a chopped up protein, so you can make this dish with chicken, pork, beef or duck (with crispy skin pieces) tossed with a Thai vinaigrette without oil. The dressing is salty, sour and spicy. The fruit adds the sweet and the mint lightens up the dish. - edamame2003
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground dried chili peppers
- 3 tablespoons toasted rice, ground
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chiffonade (also leave another pinch uncut for garnish)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound ground meat (I use chicken)
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add ground meat and cook until water is almost gone.
- Add shallots, ground chili, toasted rice and mix.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, mixing all ingredients together. (adjust lime juice and fish sauce to taste)
Fruit Larb Salad
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 7-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- Toss ingredients together
- Serve alongside meat larb, with cabbage and or leaf lettuce. Eat as wraps.