If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This vegan, gluten free dinner tastes like take-away without the cost-- & maybe on the table even faster. - we eat. happy.
- 1 lb. extra-firm tofu, rinsed, well-drained, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 inch peel of an orange
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice (keep 2 1" pieces of orange peel too)
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, sliced & minced
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- (optional) 1 chili of your hotness-choice, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Toss tofu, corn starch, orange peel, sea salt & cracked pepper together in a bowl & set aside.
- Whisk together vinegar, brown sugar, oj & pepper; & set aside
- In a large pan over medium high heat, cook tofu in in oils for 4-5 minutes or until the tofu begins to turn golden. Add scallions, ginger, garlic & optional chili & continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the vinegar & sugar mixture & cook until the liquid has reduced about half & begins to look a bit sticky (3-4 minutes). Add tamari & sesame seeds & cook for another minute.
- Serve with jasmine rice & steamed veggies (as you can see here, my veg of choice was broccoli--still with a bit of crunch).
The Genius Way to Cook Chicken Thighs
Better than your favorite fried chicken.
Better than fried chicken.
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
Fire up the grill.
Sunshine Sweet Apricots
Portable picnic snacks.