If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was an off the cuff creation which turned out very well, if I do say so myself. For the recipe also see: http://www.sneakylemon.blogspot.com/2012/07/thai-style-beef-on-noodles.html - Sneaky Lemon
Beef in Thai Marinade
- Beef Rump Steak, enough for two
- 1 Small Red Chilli
- 3 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons Sugar Cane Syrup
- 1 handful Fresh Coriander
- Blitz the ingredients for the marinade (chilli, soy, lime, sugar syrup and coriander) in a blender until a smooth-ish liquid.
- Pop the liquid into a bowl with the beef and cover. If you are going to cook the beef within the next hour it does not need to go back in the fridge. If you are preparing the beef far in advance store it in the fridge and take it out 1/2 - 1 hour before cooking.
- Heat up a frying pan until searing hot and place the beef lump into it (saving the marinade).
- Leave to cook for 4 minutes then turn over and cook for 4 minutes on the other side. After that turn regularly until cooked to your liking, brushing with a bit more marinade occasionally. (Note the cooking times here are estimates you will have to make a judgement based on the size of the beef you have and how you like it cooked.) When the beef is done take it out of the pan and leave to sit on a chopping board for a few minutes before slicing.
- Cut the beef into thin ribbon like slices and layer on the noodles.
Chilli and Ginger Noodles
- Vermicelli Noodles, enough for two
- 1 Red Pepper, finely sliced
- 1 Red Onion, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Grated Ginger
- 2 Spring Onions, finely sliced
- 1 Small Red Chilli, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Lime, for garnish
- Prep all of the vegetables for the noodles so that everything is cut/diced/grated as required.
- While the beef is cooking put the noodles in a pan of hot water to cook and heat up a little bit of oil in a wok. When the noodles are cooked drain and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking heat up the ginger, chilli and spring onions in the wok for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the red onion and red pepper to the wok and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the begin to soften.
- Then throw in the noodles, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce and toss so that the noodles and vegetables are all coated.
- Serve the noodles up onto plates with the beef.
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.