Author Notes: As part of my daughter's bridal shower weekend, I treated her and her bridesmaids to afternoon tea at a famous Beverly Hills hotel. One of the many deliciousfoods served was a curried chicken tea sandwich, lightly spiced and served on a tiny round of cinnamon-raisin bread. The taste blew me away! This is my version of that dainty delight. - ohyoucook
Makes 16 appetizer servings
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cooked & chilled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons ground curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 4 teaspoons Major Grey's Chutney
- 16 walnut or pecan halves
- Pulse chicken in a food processor until finely chopped (or finely shred chicken by hand).
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, curry, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Stir curry mixture into the chicken until completely combined. If too dry, add another teaspoon of mayo. You want the mixture to hold together without excess mayo oozing out. Set aside.
- Using a 1-1/2 inch biscuit cutter (or a small jar), cut out 4 rounds from each bread slice. Arrange on serving platter in a single layer.
- Place a rounded tablespoon of chicken mixture on each slice. Top each with a 1/4 teaspoon of chutney, then gently press a walnut or pecan half on top. If not serving within an hour, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator about a half-hour before serving.