If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A perfect no-cook recipe for long days and hot nights. Refreshing, raw, nonfat, and FULL of flavor.
The sweetness of the fruit and the bite from the onion really complement the bright herbs and tangy yogurt... summertime in a bowl!
This make-ahead recipe is also an amazing party hors d'oeuvre served in shot glasses. - kimalbachten
- 2 English Cucumbers - peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper - seeded and diced
- 4 Green Onions - white and green parts, rough chopped
- 1 Garlic clove - minced
- 1 Jalapeno - seeded and diced
- 1 Big handful Cilantro - leaves and some stems, rough chopped
- 1 Big handful Fresh HBasil and/or Mint (I used both!) - rough chopped
- Generous pinches Cumin seeds
- 14 ounces Plain nonfat Greek Yogurt (2 single serving containers)
- 1/2 Lemon
- Generous splashes Sherry Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Diced Mango or Peach, Red Onion, Cucumber, Bell Pepper, and Fresh Herbs for garnish
- Place first 9 ingredients (cucumber through yogurt) into blender in 2 batches to combine into smooth puree. *reserving a small amount of cucumber, bell pepper, and herbs for garnish.
- After second batch is pureed you should be able to add first batch back in, now you can 'season' to taste...
- Add juice of half a lemon, a good splash of sherry vinegar, and salt/pepper - then give it a buzz.
- Now give it a taste, you may need more acid (lemon/vinegar) or salt - that is up to you.
- Refrigerate a minimum of 3 hours or ideally overnight to chill and develop flavor. (Keeps well up to 3 days, it gets better with age!)
- Pour into soup bowls (or shot glasses) and top with minced mango (or peach), red onion, cucumber, bell pepper, and fresh herbs. Enjoy!