If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Aebleskivers are a Danish pancake ball. These were my favorite breakfast meal while I was in college. I learned about this delicious breakfast treat from my boyfriend's Danish family, and from the little Danish village of Solvang, CA near the University California, Santa Barbara. These are fairly simple to make. They are cooked in a cast-iron pan with small craters, sort of similar to an egg poacher. The pans are easy to find, and very affordable. These are such an adorable variation on traditional hotcakes! They're always my favorite to serve when I have guests for brunch. Lingonberry jam and powdered sugar are our favorite way to eat these, but any fruit preserves, maple syrup, or even just butter go perfectly with these fluffy, light, round pancakes! - skylinetothesea
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar or Honey
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- Cooking spray or Vegetable Oil for cooking
- Lingonberry jam
- Powdered sugar to garnish
- Beat egg whites until they hold stiff peaks. Set aside
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar or honey, egg yolks, buttermilk, and melted butter. Beat until smooth. Fold in egg whites.
- Spray aebleskiver pan with cooking spray or add 1 tablespoon of oil to each cup. Add about 2 tablespoons of batter to each cup. As soon as the little pancake balls begin to bubble around the edges, turn them over in their little cup using a fork or butter knife. Keep turning them over to brown.
- To serve, cut in half and spread jam on. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends
Genius, explained at last.
Books We Love
My New Roots, by Sarah Britton
Style with a breeze.