If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This veggie burger is packed with flavor. It comprises of couscous, orzo, quinoa and baby garbanzo beans and portabello mushrooms. It's topped with a crunchy Parmesan cracker, avocado and fresh micro greens. The bun used is a toasted pretzel bun. - Foodness Gracious
- 1 pound Grated Parmesan
- 4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 0.5 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons Canola oil
- 0.5 pounds Trader Joe's Mixed grains
- 4 ounces Portabello mushrooms
- 2 cups Garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 pieces Garlic cloves
- 0.5 cups Chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 Egg
- 6 Toasted buns
- For the Parmesan crackers Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Lay a 4 inch round cookie cutter on a baking tray lined with a Silpat mat. Grate some Parmesan cheese and gently push about 3 tablespoons of grated cheese into the center of the cookie cutter and making sure to fill the whole circle with cheese. Lift off the cutter and make another cheese disc next to it. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. The cheese will harden as it cools, Set aside.
- For the spicy mayonnaise Combine all ingredients together and set aside in the refrigerator
- For the burgers Into a food processor, place 3 cups of the cooked couscous mix along with the mushrooms, garbanzo beans, garlic, chopped onion, soy sauce, cumin, egg, salt and pepper. Pulse until the mixture starts to come together. Scrape the mixture down a few times but don't worry if there's chunks of mushroom still visible.
- Divide the mixture into 6 even sized piles. Roll each pile into a ball using some flour to prevent it sticking to your hands. Form the ball into a burger shape and place each patty onto a plate.
- Heat the canola oil in a large non stick pan. Place the patties into the hot oil over a low/medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes, flip them over and cook for a further 10 minutes, making sure a nice crust forms on each side.
- When the burgers are cooked let them drain on a paper towel. Spread some spicy mayo on the base of each bun and lay a burger on it. Top with some sliced avocado, cheese and micro greens.
- Serve with potato chips or sweet potato fries
Our herbs could use a helping hand.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Time to Celebrate!
Food52 takes home the gold.
Lamb and Sweet Potato Stew
Recipe of the Day
Caramelized Sauerkraut With Prunes, Herbs, and Honey