If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Vanilla is one of those ingredients we take seriously. No imitation extracts for us, only real, natural vanilla extract. And our particular favorite is Nielsen Massey Madagascar Vanilla. It gives our ice creams, and other dishes both sweet and savory, a smooth, intense vanilla flavor. In this particular ice cream, we used only a teaspoon, so as to not overpower the zip of the berries nor the tang of the cream cheese. It was just enough - this cool creation was sweet, tart, and silky - pure summer in a bowl.
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk cream cheese and sugar into a crumbly mixture.
- In a food processor, puree the blackberries (you should have about 3/4 cup's worth of puree); strain out seeds.
- Whisk the puree into the sugar mixture, followed by the cream and the milk, until full incorporated.
- Pour mixture into ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer instructions.
- Store in the freezer in an air-tight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.