If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We've been enjoying the bounty of our CSA this summer, which often includes sungold cherry tomatoes. I slow roasted a big batch and wanted to incorporate them into a warm salad. Add in some bacon, some homemade croutons, and a mustard vinaigrette and viola! Dinner!
Serves 2 or more
For the salad
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- a good glug of olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- good bread for croutons
- 4-6 pieces bacon
For the dressing
- 1-2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 250. Roast the tomatoes: place tomatoes on a cookie sheet and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2-3 hours, depending on how soft you want them to be.
- Turn oven up to 400. Make croutons: cube bread and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing half way through.
- While you cook the croutons, fry or bake the bacon. If baking, cook in 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. You can cook the bacon and croutons at the same time.
- For the dressing: mix together mustard, vinegar and salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. (The dressing comes from Dorrie Greenspan's Around My French Table).
- Chop up the bacon.
- Assemble the salad: toss the arugula, bacon, tomatoes, and croutons together with the vinaigrette and serve.
Anything but Watered down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.