If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't know if this is a recipe or just an sharing an obsession. I love arugula and wanted to use it beyond a salad. I am also in love with the Crushed Red Pepper Oil I made thanks to Heidi Swanson of '101 Cookbooks'. The peppery warmth in your mouth after you eat this is a happy feeling (at least for me it is!). - Katey501
Crushed Red Pepper Oil (from Heidi Swanson of 101 Cookbooks)
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat until hot, but not smoking. Turn off heat and stir in red pepper flakes.
- Let cool. Pour into a clean bottle. Flavor will intensify as it sits.
Pasta and Arugula
- 3 cups Arugula
- 1 cup Fettucine, or other long pasta.
- 2 tablespoons Basil, fresh, sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon Oregano, fresh, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Tomatoes, oven roasted, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons Crushed Red Pepper Oil (see above)
- Pile arugula on a plate and drizzle with a tablespoon of the red pepper oil. Let sit while the pasta is boiling. Prepare pasta until al dente.
- In a small separate bowl, mix tomatoes, garlic, basil, and oregano with about 1/2 tablespoon of red pepper oil. Mix well and let flavors co-mingle.
- When pasta is finished cooking, place atop arugula. Top pasta with tomato-basil mixture. Drizzle the last 1/2 tablespoon of red pepper oil over pasta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and toss well. The heat from the pasta will wilt the arugula just enough. It's peppery bite after peppery bite between the greens and the oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
Fried cheese? Yes, please.
Lettuce love vegetables.
A master class in recipes.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.