If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made a huge batch of quinoa a month ago by accident (wasn't paying attention to directions), so after consulting google, determined I could freeze it & have since realized this is a great time saver for when I want to easily add some grain to a dish. I had been wanting to utilize summer vegetables & cannellini beans on hand, so was inspired here: http://tasty-yummies.com/2012/09/05/sprouted-quinoa-with-garlicky-kale-tomatoes-and-toasted-pine-nuts-gluten-free-vegan/ —rachel waters
Serves 3 - 4
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (red is my favorite)
- 1.5 cups cooked cannellini beans or 1 can of beans
- 1 bunch kale, rinsed & ripped into 1" piece, stems discarded
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 - 3 clove garlic, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup nut of choice, raw or toasted (I used raw sunflower seeds)
- 1/4 cup goat or feta cheese crumbled (optional)
- Heat 1/2 olive oil in saute pan/cast iron skillet over med-heat. Once oil is shimmering, add onions, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes & cook until translucent, stirring frequently (3-4 min)
- Add kale pieces & remaining olive oil & toss together, stirring frequently (5 - 7 min), until kale is bright green & slightly wilted
- Turn down heat to low, add cherry tomatoes & toss gently (1- 2 minutes)
- Toss beans, quinoa & sauteed vegetables together with the lemon juice, top with nuts & cheese if desired, serve warm or room temperature. Enjoy!