If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 packet extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and cut to 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup scallion, sliced, for garnish
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add cubed tofu in a single layer, and season lightly with salt & pepper. Sear tofu until the bottom is golden brown. Flip, and repeat until all sides are golden. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- While the tofu is cooking prepare the peanut sauce. In a blender combine peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, marmalade, ginger, garlic and black & cayenne peppers, and purée until smooth. If necessary, add an additional 1/2 to full tablespoon of water to thin the consistency of the sauce.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add soba noodles, and cook to al dente, about 4 minutes. Transfer noodles to a colander to drain.
- Return the pan with the tofu back to the stove, over medium heat. Working in batches, if necessary, (depending on the size of your pan) add soba noodles, peanut sauce, edamame, carrot and cabbage to the pan, mixing thoroughly to combine all ingredients. Heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Load up your plate and top with sliced scallions.
Grilled Cheese, Please
Sandwiches that stop the world and melt with you
Grilled cheese, please.
It's time to travel.
Whey cool desserts.
Put cake on a pedestal.