If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After a hard day, I like to cook with a glass of wine in one hand and seafood in the other. After trial and error, and more attempts than I'd like to admit, I've developed an appetizer or entree that puts all my favorite things together: scallops, crab, white wine and cheeses. Depending on the size and number of the scallops you serve, this dish is either an appetizer or entree. —Pastor Paul
- 1 pound king or snow crab legs
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons curled parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or shallots
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt or Old Bay Seasoning
- 1-2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 1/2-1 pounds white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine like a chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly grated gruyere or romano cheese
- Steam crab legs 6-8 mins, crack open and reserve crab meat wrapped in tin foil. If a little finds its way into your mouth, who will know?
- Saute 1 tbsp parsley and green onions/shallots in 1 tbsp butter for 2-3 mins. then reserve.
- In a quart ziploc bag combine flour, pepper, and seasoned salt. Pat dry scallops (this step is really important. Scallops do not sear well unless dry). Add scallops to ziploc bag and coat them with the flour mixture. Reserve the flour mixture for later.
- In a large saute pan or skillet (I prefer my Allclad aluminum pan), heat 1-2 tbsp of grapeseed or canola oil over high heat, being careful not to let the oil burn. Add the scallops(do not crowd them) and cook for approximately 3 mins. per side, turning only once! Remove from pan and reserve wrapped in tin foil.
- Turning the heat down to med. or mod. high, add 3 tbsp of butter and the mushrooms to your pan and saute them for 6-8 mins. Then add the wine, lemon juice, whipping cream, and the reserved parsley and green onions from step 2 above. Reduce heat to med. low and simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now take 1 tbsp at a time of the reserved flour mixture and add it to your wine, lemon, and cream sauce until you get the sauce thickened to the way you like it. Be careful about adding too much flour, the sauce can thicken pretty quickly. I normally use just 1 tbsp.
- Serve scallops on individual plates by putting one scallop in the center, tent one or two pieces of crab meat over the scallop, pour a little sauce on top, sprinkle cheese and parsley on top of that, and get ready to amaze your friends! Don't forget to serve with Chardonnay - it enhances the flavor of this very rich dish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
That's My Jam
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
Lemonade, sans recipe.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Green pesto is so last summer.