If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I absolutely adore even the vaguest form of remoulade sauce; tossed with a crisp slaw and some shellfish, well, you've got a hell of a meal. Here, I juxtapose the flavors and textures of celery root and apples with the creaminess of a simple remoulade and the butteriness of lobster. Delicious! - em-i-lis
- 2-3 lobster tails
- 1 medium celery root, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 Gala apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 stalk celery and any leaves that are attached, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (a bit more if you need/prefer)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons mayo
- splashes , generous, of lemon juice + lemon wedges for serving
- salt and pepper to taste
- Gently steam the lobster tails until the shells are bright orange and the meat is just cooked through. Let them cool, then remove the meat from the shells (discard those) and chop into generous chunks. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the celeriac and apple matchsticks, the chopped celery and any leaves, and the generous splash of lemon juice. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper and toss 3/4 of this with the salad.
- To the remaining 1/4 of the dressing, add the mayo. Whisk to combine well and then gently fold the lobster chunks into this. Season to taste with salt and pepper if need be. On a serving plate, mound the celery-apple slaw and then top with the lobster salad. Serve with lemon wedges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.